-

02 August 2021

Back To School Prep & Baked Oatmeal Bars



August is a little bittersweet. I’m torn between spending everyday soaking up summer and knowing that I really should carve a few minutes  here and there to make September less chaotic, assuming our ridiculous (Oregon) government let’s us live again. 

I’ve got a whole lot of random things to share to prep for Back to School. Some of them are my most popular posts, re-imagined and others are new as our kids are older and teens are a whole new adventure. I’m going to proceed as if we are actually going to have a real school year, because I need that for my sanity. 

Today I am sharing one of my Go-to, Budget Friendly, Make Ahead, Delicious breakfasts you can grab and go!  It’s also perfect for Sunday, heading to the ball field or church, these are easy! 

These Baked Oatmeal bars are easy to mix up and try some different add-ins to. I have a big list of combinations I want to try.  

I grabbed a few different baking chips that were on clearance at Target to make some variety.  Made a batch of just peanut butter and chocolate chips.  And a double batch of Apple, cranberry and walnut. 

For those I swapped the peanut butter for applesauce, added some dried cranberries and a few white chocolate chips and walnuts. I should have added some cinnamon but forgot. 


All you do is dump it all in a bowl and mix it up. Then pour into a greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Alternatively you can fill about 15 cupcake liners 1/2-3/4 full and bake for the same time. I prefer the cupcake liner method. 
1 1/2 C Quick Oats 
3/4 C Milk (of your choice) 
1/2 C Brown Sugar 
1 Egg
1/4 C Butter Melted 
1/2 Cup Nut Butter melted ish. Enough that you can stir it in. 
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla 
1/2 tsp Salt 
1 tsp Baking Powder

That’s it! Let them cool a little bit and eat right away or completely cool and they are simple to cut, and easy to grab and go.  They also thaw from frozen pretty quick! 

*May contain affiliated links* I participate in Amazon Associates Program occasionally. I won't recommend a product I wasn't myself interested in trying or have tried. I may receive monetary compensation for participating. This does not change the price for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment