-

22 August 2011

Snack and Breakfast Prep

I went ahead and spent about 30 minutes today (Monday's are my usual kitchen day anyway) and put together a bin full of snacks for the pantry and a few for the fridge, once you see our fridge you will see I really need to make it to the grocery store :)

First I just picked up a couple bins at the store while I was there the other day, then just filled whatever snack size bags, and containers we had around here with the bulk stuff we had. Bulk snacks are so much less expensive than the individually packaged stuff! I am happy to spend 30 minutes or so a week and save some money!

Here are the non fridge snacks

These should last a week, easily. And we are pretty much out of fridge stuff,
so it's a little empty but it still works for now.


And normally I would cut the peach up, but I don't think they will eat it today, and I like them whole!
String cheese, yogurt, bananas and some cucumbers in there.
 
Now for breakfast stuff I didn't have a whole lot to work with right now so I just have our brown sugar and granola and a couple smaller spoons in a bowl I can grab when I get the other breakfast stuff out. I am going to try to find something that isn't glass to hold everything
 

When I make it to the store again, I will grab some more containers so I can get some frozen and fresh fruit ready for breakfasts, and split up the big thing of yogurt into kid size portions ahead of time.
I still need to make a few batches of pancakes to freeze, so I have a little head start for a couple of weeks.

I still feel like we have a huge to do list to get ready for the school year! Haircuts and that kind of stuff!

9 comments:

  1. This looks like a good idea. I'm going to have to do this. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very smart! :) Love how it is all so organized. Would love for you to link this up to my (wow me) wednesday link party going on right now on my blog. :) (I'm a new follower, too!)

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate making lunches. I pretty much did the same thing on Monday. A large farm fresh fruit & veggie delivery came to my doorstep and I instantly went to work. Peeled and cut carrots, bell peppers, and celery. And took most of the fruit and separated them all into little baggies and put them in a bin in the fridge. It has made snack and lunch prep SO much easier. I need to post about the new 'I don't hate lunches as much' me!!

    Thanks for your kind comment on my WIWW post! It made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Featuring YOU over on my blog today! :) Great ideas!

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2011/09/back-to-school-link-party-features_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips I'm going to try this next week with my family and see if things are a little less stressful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have a snack bin in my pantry. Much better for the kids, we can control portions with doing this ourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What kind of snacks did you put in there? I see pretzels and crackers but I cant tell what the rest is. Sorry I need a nudge I am not a very prepared person. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dried fruits, like apricots and apple rings. Nuts, and yogurt covered peanuts. Now we have kale chips and fruit leather too.

      Delete
  8. Nevertheless, it provides long-term energy supply, improves digestion and promotes muscle tissue growth. You need to correctly measure portion sizes based on your daily calorie needs, no matter what breakfast you're making. In today's article you will find 15 types of healthy snacks that you can have for breakfast or any other time of the day.

    ReplyDelete