-

04 August 2021

Back to School Prep - Freezer Meals



This isn’t the first thing I work on because it’s not cool enough to be cooking so much. But I’m bringing it up now because I will be watching for ingredients to be on sale.  

I just want to share what a LIFESAVER having prepped breakfasts, lunches and dinners is.  We all have those times we oversleep and grabbing a lunch from the freezer, instead of making one, will save us from being late. Or those times we forgot some crucial ingredient  for breakfast, or nights when life is pulling your family in 5 different directions at dinner time. These are the times we take advantage of the freezer instead of takeout. 

There is no shortage of blogs, YouTube, and Instagram accounts that have big lists of freezer meals to prep ahead. 
Don’t skip on basic proteins though.  Shredded plain chicken breast can be used with so many other things, same with browned hamburger. I try to have multiple meals worth ready to go. 

These are some of my go to meals. 

Sliders (easy for lunches) we do ham and cheese, Turkey and cheese, burgers 

Breakfast sandwiches



Pulled pork roasts-I put a few on the smoker at once, then freeze them.  To reheat I just throw them in instant pot or slow cooker and with some liquid (water or stock) and BBQ sauce.

Grilled chicken breast-there is always a use for these.  Teriyaki chicken on rice, Alfredo, stir fry, tacos, chicken bacon ranch salad, Mac n cheese.  So many! We make 1-2 packages of chicken breast almost every week, the kids can fix them up easily too. 

I’ll be working on filling the freezer up with these this month. 



*May contain affiliated links* I participate in Amazon Associates Program occasionally. I won't recommend a product I wasn't myself interested in trying or have tried. I may receive monetary compensation for participating. This does not change the price for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment