-

01 October 2020

Ultimate Fall Cleaning Routine ~ Family Room

After the kitchen I would say our Family a Room areas are the worst as far as needing detailed attention. 



We have a small living room/office area that we haven’t really done anything with yet. A large bonus room/school room that has already taken a beating the last 2 weeks and then our main family room. 

I haven’t decided if I will split each room up or do it by task yet. Getting a room completely done is appealing but also not having to get supplies out more than once is too. 

Starting at the top so all the dust falls 
Dust ceiling/walls
Change filters
Start washing the couch covers 
Then wash the throw blankets, or get them out if I haven’t yet. 
Replace pillow inserts/covers if needed
Polish furniture 
Windows and window tracks 
Clean walls(I just use these and they work like a charm) 
Fill in nail holes 
Update pictures 
Clean baseboards 
Go through magazines, candles
Make sure CDs and movies are in order 
Vacuum and mop  
Spot clean rugs that can’t be washed 
Touch up wall and baseboard paint

When it’s all done, I usually treat myself to a couple new candles or something 🧡

1 comment: