-

23 September 2020

Ultimate Fall Kitchen Deep Cleaning Guide





Its been a few years, and a few houses, since I've updated and shared this.  Between birthdays, Halloween and then Thanksgiving, it can get pretty busy here and doing a thorough deep clean before the madness really gets underway helps things run smoother and makes decorating easier also. You know that's one of my favorite parts!

Before you even look at the list below, remember this, it takes days or even a week! Don't get overwhelmed if you don't have a chunk of time to do it. I'd  guess most of us don't, I just add a few things to my regular cleaning each day until it's done. This is meant to reduce stress, not create it :) 

First things first.. diffuse, or light a candle, good music on (if you like slightly dark sad songs, I've got ya 90 minutes on Spotify HERE lol.  The list below is in the order I go, because some stuff needs to sit and work. But you can do what you have time for. 

Oven. Get something working on that. I use Bar Keepers Friend paste and get it on the crusty parts and let it sit while I do other stuff. 

Get ready to dump stuff. Trash expired items in your fridge, freezer, pantry, spices etc. Anything you aren't going to use can go to food pantry if it's not expired.  MAKE A LIST of the things you need to replace though so you don't end up without a key ingredient.   

After the trash is done, leave the bag out and clean the inside of the trash bins. I just use hot water and some dish soap, maybe a sponge if it's really bad, usually the hot water and soap soak takes care of everything though. While that is out, I clean under the sink. Take everything out, wipe it out and don't put crap back in that we aren't going to use. 

Do the dishes, get the dishwasher going and the sink empty.  While the dishwasher is going, polish your sink. I use bar keepers friend here also, along with a Scrub Daddy.  clean the inside of the microwave. I use water in a bowl with a drop of lemon oil, microwave for 1 minute, let sit to loosen junk up and then wipe out.  I use that warm water and my sponge to clean the small appliances like our Instant Pot, that get used and ABUSED all year, every day. 

Once the dishwasher is done, I put 1/2 C of Baking soda down the disposal, and then 1 C of vinegar, run the disposal and wrap that up with about 2 C of ice.  Take the disposal cuff off (gag, trust me, so gross) and I toss that in the dishwasher, clean the dishwasher filter, also super gag, then making sure no kids are helping with dishes, and run the dishwasher on a clean cycle to get them both done. 

  1. Throw Curtains in the washer 
  2. Dust/vacuum above your cabinets
  3. Clean Out Cabinets and pantry, purge, wipe, organize etc. 
  4. Clean Window Tracks.. this is super handy 
  5. Clean Windows.  E-Cloth Polishing Cloth is my jam! I just use water with it. 
  6. Wipe Out Fridge and Freezer
  7. Get the Oven and Stove cleaned up before you start the cabinet fronts
  8. Polish/Wipe Down Cabinet Fronts
  9. Really clean your chairs, barstools and table legs
  10. Clean Baseboards. I promise if you do this every couple weeks, it will be a breeze
  11. Counters and Backsplash, use whatever you love. I love my Scrub Daddy for this too. 
  12. Sweep/Vacuum I do both when I am being really thorough. 
  13. This is not a popular opinion, I am ok with that, hands and knees scrubbing on the floor. Not the whole floor, but you know that spots the mop hasn't managed, or where it doesn't reach. I just use the eraser side of the scrub daddy and water, it doesn't take too long.  
  14. Then mop, I use a microfiber mop similar to the Spin Mop 

After that I have a huge warm drink, tea, coffee, whatever. And I rest and let the floor dry, order microwave and fridge filters that need replaced and hang curtains back up.

Then when I have time and know little hands and feet won't be a problem, I touch up the paint/stain on cabinets and baseboards, caulking and wall paint. 

DONE! Then, weekly maintenance makes Spring Cleaning feel like a breeze.




*May contain affiliated links* I participate in Amazon Associates Program occasionally. I won't recommend a product I wasn't myself interested in trying or have tried. I may receive monetary compensation for participating. This does not change the price for you.

1 comment:

  1. The principle effectiveness of a residential look that can assist you always keep, ready yourself as well as cause portions diet regime as well as in order to perform like undertakings as with dishwashing.best vacuum sealer consumer reports

    ReplyDelete