-

21 September 2020

Fall 2020 * Trying to Get Back to Real Normal* Kitchen Faves



I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s no perfect time to share this. 2020 has just been 😒. Just when I thought we were making the turn to a teeny tiny bit of normalcy...forest fires, whole town fires, evacuation, postponing school, smoke for days, and then more postponing school... it’s just been rough and sad and not normal in any way. 

I am hoping that I can just will some normal bits into place by trying to get back to our normal as much as we can. Usually over the summer I have purged and made sure we have all the things we need in good condition. One area I’ve needed to replace stuff and do some shopping for, is the kitchen. We had a TINY kitchen before and sacrificed having utensils and convenient items that took up space. 

I'm also going to get started on our Fall Cleaning this week, starting in the kitchen. Now is a good time to address needs/wants, space and value before buying anything.  That will FEEL normal to me, even if nothing else does. The end of September is our normal deep cleaning. 

Now we have an abundance of room but I want to be mindful and stick to useful items. I’m sharing my top 9, most used, kitchen must haves for our busy family of 6.  There are a few things I still want to add, like an airfryer, I need to make sure we have room for it. 

  1. Instant Pot 
We have 2. And use at least 1 a day. It’s so versatile, yes it takes up a good chunk of space but it is SO worth it! 

  1. Butter Bell
There are so many to choose from and really do keep butter soft and fresh! 

  1. Immersion Blender
It’s been my favorite for sneaking in a TON of veggies to soups, it doesn’t take up much space. 

  1. E-Cloths 
Worth the money, they truly get our stainless sparkling with just water, and I don't love to have, or use a bunch of icky cleaning products. 

  1. Dutch Oven 
Especially for Fall. I feel like slow cooking is just so much better in a Dutch Oven. The versatility of stove top to oven makes it worth the space for me. 

Seriously, the best! They are so weird, I don't know how they work but I love em! No scratching, safe on the counters and easily scrubs off dirty dishes. 

They are just cute! And I like that they don't take up a lot of room when not in use, they stand up when in use so I can line them up in the fridge or pantry easily. 

These stack nicely, I don't worry about them changing temperature and breaking. And, no dishes. That's a win.

These are the perfect size for kid snacks, and they don't look babyish. There are all kinds of shapes but these hexagon ones are so cute!  



*May contain affiliated links* I participate in Amazon Associates Program occasionally. I won't recommend a product I wasn't myself interested in trying or have tried. I may receive monetary compensation for participating. This does not change the price for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment