-

05 February 2012

Wonderland Party!!!

Our little Smooshy turned 5 the other day, not sure how it has been 5 years, but we did a Wonderland Lunch for her party over the weekend. Girly loves Alice in Wonderland, but we didn't want her party to be too Alice inspired, and absolutely not too Disney inspired.


We only had a few basic decorations




We had a couple things for the girls to do.

Mome Wrath Races! We gave each girl a glitter pompom and a straw and they
 blew their little Mome Wraths across the room. Pretty cute girls!




We also decorated some little pots, I didn't get any pictures of that though. I just painted the little terra cotta pots pink, green and aqua. We had a few different types of stickers and gems for them to add to their pots.

And we played pin the tail on Mr. Rabbit

Got a few table shots as people were arriving, I was running just a hour or two  little behind!
I tried to get as many of the characters represented without it being too obvious or printed characters. 

Mr. Rabbit tails. I wanted to use hostess snowballs but Carsyn doesn't like coconut
 ( don't know what's wrong with her!)
The Bread and Butterflies are so cute in the movie, this was as close as we could get!

The Mad Hatter, helping hold some of the singing flowers and little flamingo in there, pretty hidden


The Cheshire Cat 

The Playing Cards

The Mushroom, and shrinking/growing cookies 
Drinks


some chocolate keys

Her cake. I didn't make it, and I didn't love it. I asked for toadstools and we got these lol. Oh well, lesson learned! Tasted fantastic!




Happy Birthday to our little Carsyn!


Once I have napped for a couple days (did I mention we had 2 birthday parties over the weekend?!) I will get to all the other fluff I wanted to do, and all the stuff I didn't take pictures of!
And a Baseball themed lunch party for our big 7 year old to share!  For now though I have got to get ready for the week and clean house!

13 comments:

  1. Love the decorations and the cookies, looks like everyone had a great time. I am trying to think of a theme for my almost 2 yr old girl, she is my only girl after 5 boys, so this is hard for me :-) Not used to girls themes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did a Cars party for my Munchkin. This looks like an awesome, girly party, if only I had a little princess... sigh... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I get to do a party like this for Avery- so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute party idea. Great work. There are so many creative ideas here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this simple party. I found you via be different act normal link party. It caught my attention because I just threw this themed party for my 5 year old daughter too! I like your simple style yet strong theme. http://shopbonnenouvelle.blogspot.com/2012/01/alice-in-winter-wonderland-tea-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. She looks so cute in her Alice dress. Lol I want you to plan my next party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much fun! I'd love a party like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know how to throw a party!! everything looks just fabulous...good for all of you!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This party looks so cool! I bet your little one was on cloud 9 the whole time:) It looks so nice. Thanks for linking up! I featured you on FB:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute party and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been featured!

    http://makinglemonadeblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/refresh-your-nest-friday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for linking your party!!! love the desserts table!

    ReplyDelete