-

03 September 2019

Daily Rhythm For Busy Moms

You can make a REAL  life daily routine for yourself too!




 School has started for our crew, I’m taking a day to take some deep breaths and drink my coffee in peace. But only 1 day, then I am getting back to my routine, or rhythm, is a better word. 

I don’t make mine rigid and stressful, it’s rhythm and not schedule because we LIVE and things flow different from day to day.  I’ve broken these down by time but that’s not set in stone, some days our rhythm is a lot faster and sometimes it skips a few beats, ya know? So I use this loosely as a guide. 

I spent a couple weeks many years ago, establishing MY rhythm, based on my priorities.  It’s morphed and changed as our lives have. New house, new baby, new jobs, new schools etc.  Those all helped shape what it is today.  Don’t feel like you can’t make changes as you go. And this is MY IDEAL schedule, ideal not expectation. 


5:00 wake up/workout 

5:45 Reading/Coffee

6:15 Wake kids/ breakfast/lunch 

6:20 Email/Budget

6:45 Dishwasher check 

7:00 Start laundry/kids off then

Daily Chores/Get ready for the day 

8:00 Laundry Swap

8:05 Leave for School drop off 

8:45 Chores/Dinner check  

9:15 Laundry/Second Chance Workout 

10:00 Laundry Away  

10:40 School Pick Up 

11:20 Lunch/coffee

11:45 Tidy Kitchen 

12:00 Resting Time Kids/Step check/Last chance workout  

1:00 Eat Lunch/Read

1:30 Dinner Check/Prep 

Free Time/Projects/Cheer Work/Crafts 

Then it’s chaos of sports/dinner/sports 

9:00 Clean Kitchen at Night 

10:00 Get Ready for Bed 


*I did do most of today’s chores yesterday though! I wanted to sit in our CLEAN family room :) 


My suggestions would be 

Be real with yourself about how much time you are willing to put towards it. Don’t schedule yourself for 3 hours if you won’t have it, or if you will feel burned out. 

Write your priorities out and MAKE them priorities. 

Give it time before you give up or change it. It takes a while to get into a routine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment