-

16 April 2020

Quarantine Morning Routine for Mom

Well here we are, a month plus in to this craziness and I am finding a real need to address my current routine, you can find it HERE.  Guess what? It's not working. 

 It’s just not working while we are home all day, working and schooling here, and eating ALL day, right? I feel like every mom has said their kid is eating non stop. 

Starting with a list (I love lists 😍) of the things that need to be done before 8, 10, 12. I like to break mine down in chunks of time. Some people call it time blocking, I don’t really label it, I just do it because it’s logical to me. 

So my list before 8 
For me and *kids

Walk 
Coffee & Quiet Time 
Check planner (for the very very few things still on it) 
*Get ready for day.. to go no where 
Pack Lunch for hubby (if not done night before like I should have)
*Breakfast for Kids
Clean up Kitchen 
*School Prep/Check In

Before 10 
Check Meal Plan 
Daily Chores (find my schedule HERE) 
Check Bills (I have a problem, I know) 

Before 12 
*Finish school work for day
*Play Outside  
Read
Breakfast for me 
*Chores 


That’s it
 I know when I shrink it down it doesn’t seem like much. I’m happy to share more details, just ask. I just don't know how helpful it would be to all since we all have different situations/kids/chores etc. 

We leave at noon most days to grab lunch, drop stuff at my moms, errands (very rarely) or taking Ramsey to the golf course.  So thankful that’s still allowed right now. It’s a good safe outlet for him.  Afternoons are just pretty much a whatever ya want/free for all with some exceptions. From 2-3 most days is QUIET TIME FOR EVERYONE. We all need a break or nap.  No electronics from 12-3. They aren’t sitting on them much anyway but I like that there’s a definite break, and I hope we will be extending that time. They are on so much in the mornings for school.  

Evenings have been a disaster because I haven’t kept up on our usual and I haven’t even tried to work with what we had going on to adjust to new circumstances.  Working on that this week, especially since we know this is longer term than we first thought. 


Also, long time since I've been on, so HI!! Things have changed A LOT. Maybe this quarantine will get me back on here monthly, weekly? Something more than once a year? Come find me on Instagram www.Instagram.com/FolkHollow it's been pretty quiet there too though. I will say that the last few months I've felt more like blogging/Vlogging though so hopefully I can do something with those urges. 

Hope you are all well 



No comments:

Post a Comment