-

11 March 2013

Spring Cleaning.. kind of

Being totally honest here, I doubt I will get my usual done this year, and I haven't had enough sleep to care that I won't! So I am just doing the super basics, stuff that I see everyday and makes me irritated but hasn't been done yet and is not in my weekly plan either. But if you want to check out my usual Spring Cleaning.. it's HERE :)  It's long but broken up into different rooms. One day I will get back to that and I am sure I will really appreciate the time I had to do it before!
 
 
I figure I can squeeze in maybe 2 hours a week total, not all at once though. And I don't want this to drag on for months and months either, it's called spring Cleaning not Spring, Summer and Fall cleaning right?  So I am giving myself until the end of April to get everything done. Whatever isn't done probably wasn't that important and can wait until Fall when I have a little more time!
 
Do y'all have those things that just make you crazy to see them looking not their best?
I do, for me its the trim/moulding! We have white trim, 3 kids and a few others in and out during the week. It is looking pretty rough right now. I am already planning on getting the magic eraser out and getting out off what I can, like the masterpiece someone wrote in pencil over the holidays while their parent watched. WHO does that?! Anyway, it's just pencil and it's coming off but there are a bunch of other spots that have who knows what on them and I am sure there will need to be some touching up. That is my first goal. To make the moulding look new again!
 
So this week I am tackling the doors first, ALL the doors with my stock of magic erasers ( I am sure I will need multiple) getting all the grimey fingerprints off and crayon marks, shoe marks, lego marks and makeup.  I have to do all the doors first or I know I will miss some. Once that is done I will do all the door trim and then I will for sure need a whole week to do all the baseboards in every room. I bring my blue tape around then too and put a little piece where I need to touch up paint later.
 
Windows is the other thing I hate to look gross. I can clean the insides all the time, but outside takes some planning for me. 1. I can't be alone, I am short and need a ladder. 2. It can't be raining, seems SO wrong to me. 3. I need a qualified spider killer there with me the entire time..
so what I am saying is pretty much I need hubby to do the windows haha. 
Or just to inspect each and everyone for spiders first.
Maybe we will do those this weekend..  but for now it's just me and my magic eraser!
 
 
 


1 comment: