-

06 August 2010

Back to School Banner


Found this deck of "cards" at the craft store and knew right away I could do something with them! I think they are for scrapbooking, but I had other plans. I love the vintagey/retro simpleness of the shapes and the pictures! 

That was all I used.. plus some ribbon I forgot to put in the picture!
The cards
Package of eyelets
Hammer
Mat &
Ribbon

Then I just did eyelets in each corner, tied them together in the right order and hung it up. Pretty simple and not too time consuming. I would call it a naptime craft, but only if you have heavy sleepers, the hammer is a little loud!


13 comments:

  1. very cute idea! my kids would love to help make it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. or if you don't want to make a noise while setting eyelets... use a Crop-a-Dile... if you dont' have one Brit, I can give you one! I have 2!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was gonna say, you don't have a crop-a-dile?! best thing ever :-)

    super cute craft

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love it! Show us the rest of your back to school decor...I always love what you do ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's coming Helen! The birthday party is today, once thats over I can share that and the rest.. I have a SUPER cute project planned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking to decorate with that screamed back to school because my oldest just started kindergarten. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just the cutest! What a creative thinker you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just found my way over from the HHc. This is such a cut idea. Simple but effective- that's the way I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am now following you thanks to Buzz on By Thursday! It would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog!
    Also if you need any help tweaking your blog or easy HTML tips, you know where to come! We have a new one every day so check out today's trick;) Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! I'm just Buzzing by! :) Maybe you could Buzz my way sometime, too!

    -Jessica
    And Then There Were 4...
    http://giveawaysandlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete