-

14 January 2015

Deeelish Mac 'N' Cheese

First I want to apologize for the lack of pictures. It smelled SO good that I think it was out of the oven for all of 5 seconds before there was a fork full, or 5, out of the pan.



I really never cook with a recipe because so many of the people here are picky eaters. I was a little more aware when I was making this about ingredient amounts!

A BIG bowl is a requirement and if the cottage cheese thing scares you, I am the ONLY person in this house that likes cottage cheese. I didn't tell anyone it was in there and no one asked or questioned it.

1lb pasta. I used elbow noodles
1/2 C Flour
2 Tbsp. Butter
2-3C Milk ( I didn't measure)
1C Cottage Cheese
1/2 C Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 C Cheese, shredded  I used 2 C smoked Cheddar and 1C Cheddar Jack
1 Sleeve Ritz or Townhouse Crackers
1 Tbs Butter 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Preheat oven to 350
While the noodles were cooking
Make a white sauce, a little thinner than gravy with consistency with flour, butter and milk.
Once that is done I added the cottage cheese and greek yogurt.
Drain the pasta
Combine the pasta with sauce
Add seasoning
Stir in Cheese 
Pour into 9x13 " Pan
I used my ninja to make the cracker crumbs
cover the entire top with cracker crumbs
melt the last 1 Tbs of butter
Pour over the top

Bake, uncovered, for 40-50 Minutes at 350
The edges get just a little crispy and the inside is gooey and super! NO ONE complained about dinner. That is pretty much a miracle around here!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a delicious recipe! I love mac and cheese. Thanks for sharing at Motivational Monday Link Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    Bethany from The Southern Couture

    ReplyDelete