-

22 January 2014

Emergency Planning

It was one of my goals last year, but I didn't really have a good grasp on what we needed even for a minimal emergency pack.
This year I am starting with lists! I don't know what to save for or slowly build up if I don't have a list!

Pinterest is my go to for ideas! I started a Emergency Pack board. I'm sure not all of these pins will be helpful, some will be repeats and some won't pertain to us. I know I won't be able to finish them up in 1 month. I probably won't even be able to read them all in 1 month. Adding a little each month until we feel comfortable with what is in them.

Anyone have a list already?
What is the 1 thing you HAVE to have in your packs?


This is the list I have so far, I liked how some of them were organized by type of thing, like Emergency, Hygiene, Lighting and Food.

Emergency
Small First Aid Kit
Whistle
pocket knife
face masks
emergency blanket
water filter
Flashlight

Hygiene
Hand Sanitizer
Chapstick
toothbrush and toothpaste
Sunscreen
Shampoo


Lighting
Flashlight w/extra batteries
Glow sticks
Emergency Candles
Waterproof Matches


Other Stuff
Cash, in small bills
Pencil and Paper

Food
Water
3 days worth of food, non perishable

Clothes
Socks, multiple pairs
Underwear
Sweats
Long Sleeve Shirt
Waterproof Poncho
T shirts

This is just my starting list, I am sure this small list alone will take me far longer than I want it to anyway!
Share any lists you have! I love a good list or Pinterest Board!!

No comments:

Post a Comment