-

14 October 2013

Our new Favorite Fall Chili!

 
We had some leftover to use, and we got some good deals at the outlet so I started thinking how I could make them work together.
 
I already had chili on the menu for the day, I made our usual with just a few little differences.
 
 
 
I don't do fancy recipes, and I didn't take a picture for every step either. I prefer to just dump it all in the crock pot and call it good! For this one I added all of the below to the crock pot and let it do it's thing for the day.
 
~2lb Ground Turkey
~1 can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
~1 1/2 C Spicy V8
~Chili Seasoning (homemade or packaged, whichever you prefer)
~We skip the beans, no one here is a fan, but adjust your liquid if you add beans.
The 2 things I added this time that I don't usually were 1C of pureed pumpkin and 2tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
I couldn't taste the pumpkin at all but it for sure changed the texture for the better. And the spice was barely there but good.  I got pumpkin english muffins at the outlet for $1 the other day, and I didn't have to make cornbread. Win/Win for Mama! 
 
Hubby said this was his favorite Chili so far.. and that was before I told him I snuck the pumpkin in!
 
I was really hoping this filling easy dinner would give me the energy to work on some Fall Cleaning. Haven't started yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment