-

12 January 2013

2nd Day Hair

Well now that I have been DOING my hair everyday for a week, I am learning to love 2nd day hair. My style is put together but not perfect. Nothing super fancy, more like messy but intentional.

My favorite thing for day 2 right now is this thang!
It looks weird but I love it. It's used to make a bun. I think they are called bun donuts. Its squishy and kind of rough so it grips my hair. I make a pony tail, put this on and pull it all the way to the ends then roll it down and keep tucking the ends in as I go. It's not perfect but I am not going for perfect so it works just right for me. I have some pieces that fall out and I leave my bangs out. It takes just a few minutes but it looks like I intentionally did my hair. I have added a bow or flower most days to help tuck in strays but I don't need any pins to keep it up all day!
My next favorite is twisted/braided bangs with headband and low messy bun. kinda like this

but with bangs like this


And mine never looks this good, much more imperfect but I do not care as long as it stays all day!
And even a ponytail and the braided bangs look better than JUST a ponytail. My hair is pretty short right now so I have limited options but happy I am putting the effort in!

I pretty much HAVE to do a bun of some sort because I sleep with my hair pulled back and no matter what there is a crease in it. So if I don't want to straighten it AGAIN (NO time for that) then the crease has to be hidden! I am taking full advantage of the cold weather and wearing the cute knit hats once in a while too!

What is your favorite 2nd day hair style? Websites or blogs you love with tutorials?

2 comments:

  1. My favourite second day hair trick is to break out the curling iron and just do loose waves. I don't know why but the waves seem to hold better on 2nd day hair. It doesn't take much time, maybe ten minutes and then a spritz of spray and I'm out the door. Together in Ten is a great source for tips and tricks to get ready for the day in leas time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of that site! I will check it out! Thanks

    ReplyDelete