-

11 July 2011

More Back to School Goodness!

I got this desk at a great little shop in town, it needed some love though

I sanded and stripped and cleaned and sanded and sanded (those white letters were HARD to get off!) Then a couple coats of varathane and it's SO much better!
I tried not to sand all the previous carvings in it out, I swear one said I love Cookies.. hmm, think this desk was made for me!
The picture doesn't show them very well though.
I knew before I bought this exactly where I wanted it to go!


And I really need to clean that front window, especially after today!
A certain little blonde baby was ALL over it today!
I'm getting just a little excited for Back To School stuff!


Linking up HERE

6 comments:

  1. I had a desk just like this one when I was a kid. I wonder what my parents did with it...HMM! The wheels are spinning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to finally see the removal of paint on furniture in the DIY world! I love how you actually restored the desk. Lately, it's been making me cringe to see all the tacky painting of gorgeous, especially antique, furniture! Sorry for the rant...:( Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw this is very cute! BUT I'm angry at you...don't talk about "back to school" yet!!! I'm a teacher...I don't like to think about summer being over ;)

    Thanks so much for linking up to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your restored version is much better than the painted one!
    Stopping by from Feels Like Home Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute those old desk I spent many hours in and it does say back to school time to me come visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete