-

19 July 2011

Back to School Snack Mix

Like I was saying the other day, I wanted to change up the caramel apple snack mix and make it more BTS!
So I did, it's half gone, the kids are loving it!

3C Crispix (or chex, whichever you like)
2tsp. butter
cinnamon
first I melt the butter, while it is melting I measure out the cereal
once butter is melted stir it into cereal.
spread cereal out on foil lined cookie sheet
sprinkle with cinnamon
put under broiler a few minutes to make it crunchy (but not burned, like I did the first time)

While the cereal is cooling I mix
2C pretzels (I used sticks cause they reminded me of pencils)
1C peanut butter chips
1C freeze dried apple pieces
3/4C dried cranberries
 ( I wanted to use freeze dried strawberries or raspberries but couldn't find them at the store I was at)
I also forgot to add 1/2C sunflower seed kernels

Once the cereal is cooled I mix everything together!

Keep it in an airtight container so it doesn't get icky!

I am sure I will have to make this again a few times before school starts, but once school starts, I am going to use some free printables and make some cute labels for it!

3 comments:

  1. Yum!
    http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. We are olden and no kids in the house but, let me say, we would both LOVE this. So...I'm making it tomorrow..Better yet,2 grandgirls will be here and they can help me make it. They will love it. :)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete