-

22 February 2011

Mini Rainbow Penant Banner


While I SHOULD have been cleaning (or organizing) I wasn't! I just couldn't find anything for the fireplace and I wanted some rainbow stuff for St. Patrick's Day!

I guess I did get a little organizing done though while I did this, I went through some of my paper and recycled a bunch of scraps, that makes me feel a little better!

All I did was scrounge through my paper and found the red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple I needed, for some I used cards (that made it SO easy!)


Then I made 1 triangle about the size I wanted then traced it, and flipped it over lining the short sides up together to make a diamondish shape, then I cut that out (in a color I wasn't using, didn't want to mix it up).

I just used that to trace out 4 of each color (I only used 3 but I have an extra of every color just in case a kiddo gets to it)


Now I would have loved to use the cute colored twine but I don't have any, so I just went through my ribbon stash and picked the one that looked the most like a sky color to me.

Oh and I used the little chalk pads on the edges because I didn't want it to look too  perfect!


Then I just used some glue stick and went in order and stuck the ribbon down, then folded them over. If I had some of those big puffy pompoms in white I think I would have added those either in between or for sure on the ends, like little clouds!








14 comments:

  1. This looks happy--gorgeous banner and thanks for the tutorial--definitely going to try it--hopes it turns out this amazing!

    K
    NewParent.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw so simple, cute, and happy! I like the "distressing" around the edges too!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute! So crafty! Maybe I'll find some motivation to do some cool crafts through your blog?! Now following from the hop...hope you'll stop by and visit me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love happy rainbows and this is so perfect! Thanks so much for sharing. I found you through a linky party. My readers would love this. I would love if you came and linked up to TOO Cute Tuesday!

    http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/2011/02/too-cute-tuesday-linky-par-tay-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! My daughter and I are planning on a rainbow themed birthday for her next party (um, in December!) and this would be perfect!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    I am a new follower from the blog hop
    I blog at www.tammileetips.com
    Tammilee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm visiting from The Blessed Nest and I just love your garland! Reminds me so much of a rainbow and just in time for St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is so cute, I love it!! I want one! :)

    Visiting from Spring Fling linky party.

    Maegan :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think you know i have a "thing" for buntings! in fact i've decided that i love all types of party decor!

    thanks for linking up to the SPRING FLING!

    happy weekend.
    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for posting this! Cute idea! Im your newest follower!
    Sarah @http://mischeifandmayhem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I featured your darling rainbow loveliness in my roundup!

    http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/2011/03/true-confessions-rainbow-addiction.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. So bright and perfect for spring! Hope to see you link up again at Motivational Monday!

    ReplyDelete