-

05 October 2010

Caramel Apple Snack Mix



I saw this picture the other day
Caramel_apples
And for some reason the one with the pumpkin seeds inspired me to come up with a snack with apples and pumpkin seeds.  these pumpkin seeds usually come salted so I was thinking of what I can do sweet with it. I like the sweet and salty mix.  And it had to be something the kids would eat.  These are the things I came up with.
And luckily we had some of these already!
 1 Tablespoon Butter
Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 teaspoons Sugar
3 cups Crispix Cereal
I melted the butter, mixed in the sugar and spice (to taste) and then mixed the cereal in and stirred it around to coat lightly. Spread onto a cookie sheet and put it under the broiler for a few minutes (keep an eye on it so it doens't burn)


While that was going in the broiler I mixed
1 1/2 C pretzels
1/2 C White Chocolate Chips
1/2 C Carmamel Bits ( love these, they are super super soft)
1 C of the Freeze Dried Apples (in the baby food section, these are pretty sour but have lots of flavor)
1C Pumpkin Seeds
And I was going to add some dried apples (shown in picture) but decided to go with the other ones this time, you could use either or both.

Once the cereal was cool I mixed it all together!  It made a huge bowl full, good thing my kids are always hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment