-

28 May 2015

Taking a Break from Organizing Friday

We finally found a place! We have a long closing and still have about 4 1/2 weeks before we close. 
I can't wait to share all the dirty details, and believe me it IS dirty!
So for now instead of organizing on Friday I will be packing.
I have packed a few boxes so far and taken a couple car loads of donations too!
We have only lived here 7 months and I can see the things we didn't even touch!

So for now I am boxing up some of those things (one we get some more boxes) and donating some more stuff as well. I have no desire to be a minimalist, that is not for me, but I don't know that we really need 11 spatulas either. Is it really so inconvenient to just wash the 1 or 2 if I need it again before the dishwasher is done? Probably not.

This is how I am packing these days.

Now I know it's probably not what the experts say is the right way, but I am guessing those experts aren't moving for the 2 time in 8 months with an infant who is on team NO SLEEP. So this is what works for us.
As I go through a room I just put the stuff I know we don't NEED on the kitchen table and wrap it if it's breakable.  I try to keep stuff from one room in the same box, but sometimes that doesn't work out. I often have 3 or 4 boxes half packed at one time.

Any tried and true packing secrets I need to know about?!

No comments:

Post a Comment