-

29 January 2014

52 Weeks of Organizing~Week 4

This week is kids stuff! Just like with the silverware I had a problem with too many plates, bowls and cups. I recently ditched about 70% of them but our current set up is still not working for me.
Before we get into that, last week was not so great!
Our drawer by the stove is tiny, I was having a hard time finding a silverware tray that will fit in it and has 6 spots. I did go through the kids stuff and it is way more manageable. I had to do some moving around of stuff to make room for it somewhere else! And I ordered a bigger one on Amazon that should be here soon! Let's see how many times I try to put the hot pads in the wrong drawer though!


That is probably half of the amount of silverware we used to have!

I have been waiting for these plastic dishes to be on clearance. They finally went on clearance, we snagged enough to have a couple meals worth for the kids. Now I have even more of a reason to deal with the kid stuff!  I didn't take a picture of the lunch box drawer, but let me tell you, it is a MESS! We have about 10 sandwich holders, but our kids rarely take a sandwich to school for lunch anymore.
We splurged a little and got them each a thermos that keeps food hot for 5 hours. That is plenty of time between when we leave the house and they have lunch at school. Best purchase we have made in a while. They are so silly excited about their hot lunches and leftovers are the easiest thing to reheat and stick in a thermos, win win for us and them!


I am pretty sure the kids stuff will be moved to a different drawer and those pink blue and green stuff will be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment