-

15 June 2009

Planning for the 4th some more!





Wow time is flying! 4th of July weekend is less than 3 short weeks away! We usually go out of town for the long weekend and spend time with family. It's one of my favorite holidays! Been planning what the kids will be wearing for a few months already. Think I got it all figured out, for the most part anyway. I will have to pack 2 dresses for Carsyn.. Can't decide between the 2! I hope they participate in some pictures! If I find or buy another camera by that time... We haven't found our camera since being back from our weekend trip last weekend.. Yikes!
If I would have waited a little longer to decide I would have changed my mind completely.. I really love these plaid shorts from Janie and Jack.


And I recently fell in LOVE with Tanya Whelan's Darla fabric collection.. There is an amazing set on ETSY.com right now that I am SOO wanting, Here is the link! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25779373&ref=sr_gallery_7&=&ga_search_query=whelan+dress&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes%25255B%25255D=title&show_panel=true




Since I only grocery shop every 2 weeks (other than milk and produce) I need to plan NOW what I am making for some treats to take and dinner at least 1 night.


Pretty sure I will make a BBQ chicken pizza for a dinner.. if everyone is willing to trust my cooking!I haven't decided between rainbow cupcakes with just red white and blue.. similar to this from Hostess with the Mostess. found here. http://www.hostessblog.com/2009/02/fabulous-rainbow-cake-tutorial/



Or decorated sugar cookies. I don't think there would be any of either left, cookies are easier to take, but cupcakes are more fun! If the next 2 weeks are not completely crazy I will probably make and freeze some blueberry and strawberry muffins to take, made in Wilton pan of course!








I have all my decorations out! and No camera.. very sad! If it comes down to it, I will take some with my phone.. Pictures will be even worse than usual, but at least I can post em!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute outfits, wish I had a girl.....
    Love the star cookies too.... baking is a great hobby for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Thank you so much for mentioning the Meadow Song outfit. You are too sweet.

    Have a happy 4th.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Children's Place has TONS of cute 4th of July outfits, plaid shorts, etc on sale ...

    ReplyDelete